Thursday 16 August 2012

Emanuele Pesoli ends hunger strike

Pesoli during his huger strike
Emanuele Pesoli has ended his hunger strike protest after being promised a meeting with the federation president, Giancarlo Abete.
Former Siena centre-back, chained himself to the gates of the Italian soccer federation (FIGC) headquarters in Rome on Saturday and went on hunger strike after being found guilty in the sporting courts last week.

Pesoli, 31, said: "I have interrupted my protest, a little because of the help of FIGC vice president Demetrio Albertini, a bit because of the interest of Abete who I will see on Friday at 10 at the federation and a bit on the advice of my doctor, who in the morning forced me to eat something".

He then added: "Nobody of the Procura federale and the Corte federale contacted me so I decided to return home to hug my children. I think it was the most responsible thing to do".

Pesoli obtained a partial win as he will meet Abete on Friday, although his request was a meeting in the courtroom with his accusers, the players Gervasoni and Carobbio.

No comments:

Post a Comment